Urology is the field of medicine that is associated with the diseases and disorders of the male and female urinary tract. Urologists are doctors who specialize in the treatment of diseases and conditions affecting the urinary system, including the bladder, kidney, ureter, urethra, and adrenal glands. In men, they treat all ailments concerning the penis, prostate, epididymis, seminal vesicles, and the testes.
They also perform surgeries if needed to remove cancer or a blockage in the urinary tract.
Symptoms of Urological Problems
Below mentioned is a list of symptoms that indicate that you have a problem in the urinary tract,
- Presence of blood in the urine, a condition also called hematuria
- A recurring need to urinate urgently
- Burning sensation or pain during urination
- Difficulty urinating
- If you experience pain in your lower back, pelvis, or sides
- Urine leakage
- Weak urine flow, dribbling
If you are a man and have the following symptoms,
- A decrease in sexual desires
- A lump in one of the testicles
- Trouble getting and keeping an erection