Pancreatitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas is a large organ behind the stomach that produces digestive enzymes and a number hormones. Signs and symptoms of pancreatitis include pain in upper abdomen , nausea and vomiting. The pain often goes into the back and is usually severe.
Sign and Symptoms:
- Heart and respiratory rates are often elevated.
- The abdomen is usually tender but to a lesser degree than the pain itself.
- Fever or jaundice may be present.
- Upper abdominal or left upper quadrant burning pain radiating to the back.
- Vomiting that is worse with eating.
- Presence of internal bleeding.