An obstetrician is a physician that specializes in delivering babies and caring for people during pregnancy and after they give birth. They treat medical conditions unique to pregnancy and perform surgeries related to labor and delivery.
Dr. Suchita Deshmukh is the female obstetrician in Shirdi. She has experience of many years in treating as a obstetrician in Shirdi.
What is an obstetrician?
Obstetricians specialize in caring for people during preconception, pregnancy, childbirth and the first several weeks postpartum (after childbirth). They manage and treat health conditions associated with pregnancy to ensure both you and your baby are healthy.
What does an obstetrician do?
An obstetrician provides routine prenatal care to people who are pregnant. They also diagnose and treat complications during pregnancy. Obstetricians deliver your baby and monitor you after childbirth.
Your obstetrician is responsible for:
- Prenatal screenings, exams and lab tests.
- Evaluating your baby’s size, growth and position in your uterus.
- Detecting congenital anomalies or potential complications in conjunction with maternal-fetal medicine providers.
- Using ultrasound, blood tests, urinalysis and other tools to monitor your pregnancy.
- Treating health conditions that can affect your pregnancy or your baby.
- Managing labor and delivery, including labor induction, emergencies and medications.
- Providing postpartum care for up to six weeks after childbirth.